Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recycling an entire house....

Here at Wastebusters we see the problems that are associated with building and demolition waste. According to some figures I've read, this could take up possibly 50% of landfills. Many people say that it's just too hard and way too costly to de-construct a house and separate the waste into streams.

When I was in the UK this Christmas I noticed that they are putting a lot of effort into sorting their building site waste. From what I could tell their landfills are filling up pretty quick and councils have chosen this way to reduce what goes in.

So when I read an article on TreeHugger this morning about a ladies mission to recycle and entire house I was hooked. There is a fantastic video on YouTube showing how she does it. This is very reassuring that we can indeed deal with demolition in sensible and responsible way. The flip side is that this lady claims she has even saved some money.....

No comments: